Why turnover can be good for your business
We are often asked to help businesses reduce turnover, and although there are always those people we want to try and hold on to, here are some reasons why turnover isn't always a bad thing:
- Its a great opportunity to bring in people with new ideas to move your business forward
- You can tweak and review reporting lines, roles and responsibilities more easily
- Small business attract ambitious and creative people. These people are always looking for the next challenge so don't be surprised when they move on - its what you paid for!
- They are most likely to be the people who didn't buy into the vision or strategy anyway.
- It can save you money - longer serving employees are often more expensive.
So next time you get a resignation or two, don't panic and focus on the positives!