Questions to enable your growth plans through your people
It is essential that you review the resource and skills in your team as part of your growth plans. Here are some questions you should ask yourself before you embark on a phase of growth:
1. Are there people in my team that I can delegate work to so I can increase my capacity to focus on new business?
2. Do I have enough capacity in the team to take on an increased volume of business?
3. Do I have the right people, doing the right work to support new and existing business?
4. Will this next phase of growth require a set of skills I don’t currently have?
5. Are the existing people in my team engaged with this new business priority?
If you answered no to any of these questions you may want to consider reviewing your current team structure, and putting in place an appropriate plan to support your growth.